Sunday, December 7, 2008

Thanksgiving...

Much to my Dr.'s dismay, we decided last minute to go to Utah for Thanksgiving. I had a Dr. appointment the day before we left and I had not progressed at all in a month, so we thought we were pretty safe.

The ride there was long and very uncomfortable. (to say the least) We hit traffic on our way out in Sacramento, then got stuck for 4 hours due to an accident on the freeway. Yes, that is right, they CLOSED the freeway for 4 hours and we just sat in the car from 11:30 PM to 3:30 AM until they finally opened one lane to let cars through. It took us 18 hours to arrive to Utah. I don't know how many times my legs and arms went numb, due to lack of circulation. Not to mention every other part of my body aching!

We had a great time after arriving. We stayed with Peter's parents and ate Thanksgiving dinner with them and then headed over to my sisters house. No one in my family knew we were coming, except one of my sisters. So we decided to surprise them. My sister put together a magic show and one of the tricks held up a blanket having one of the nieces/nephews going behind it and then having another one join them, so when she put the blanket down wallah...she doubled the amount of people behind the blanket. She did it a couple times and on the last time, we joined the kids behind the blanket. When she put the blanket down everyone saw us standing there. It was so much fun to surprise everyone.
On Friday, Peter's brother-in-law brought over a bounce house for the kids to play with. As cold as it was outside the kids still had a blast! Thanks so much Marcus!
































We were able to see lots of people and relax tons! It was a great last "get-a-way" before the baby and we were glad we went.

No comments:

Post a Comment