Sunday, October 28, 2007

The MacArthur Place

Unfortunately I have no pictures from this weekend but Peter and I had an amazing time at the MacArthur Place. We dropped Max off at the Gordon's and Pookie off at the Ryder's and headed up around 10:30 AM. The drive up was beautiful.

We arrived a little early to check in so we went downtown to eat lunch and walk around the "touristy" shops they had. Once we checked in we walked around the MacArthur Place and visited with some of Peter's co-workers. After we visited with some people we went to the spa for our first treatment. I had a facial and Peter got a massage. It was wonderful. After the spa we met up with everyone for dinner and had a very tasty dinner.

The next morning we woke up on our own, instead of the sound of Max yelling "uh-oh" or "ball". (don't get me wrong, that is a wonderful sound to wake up to and I did miss it more than I thought I would) After, we woke up we went down to eat breakfast and went back to the spa for more pampering. We each got body srubs, baths and massages.

Peter loved his and I loved mine, that is, up until about 15 minutes into my massage. About 15 minutes into my massage I heard a noise like the sound of maybe a shoe squeaking. I thought for a second, was that her shoe? Then I heard it two more times a little louder and longer each time. I kept hearing the sound every time the masseuse would push down really hard on my back. Anyway, after the third time I heard it she said "excuse me"...yes that is correct, she passed gas!! After she said excuse me, I heard the sound 3-4 more times then a really loud long one followed by an "OH SORRY!!" It was terrible. The massage couldn't have ended soon enough.

Other than my last massage, it was a much needed relaxing weekend. Thank you to the Ryders and the Gordons for watching Max and Pookie while we were away. Knowing our "kids" were in great hands while we were away made our getaway much more relaxing.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a relaxing weekend except for the last part...gross!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh Liz, that's simply HILARIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm laughing my head off!!!! I'm glad you had a good weekend -- you deserved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah Ha Ha! I think that is too funny! I may have left after the first one, I don't think I could have refrained from laughing my head off! Sorry, but it did make for a great post!
    I am glad that you had fun despite your gassy massage! How was it leaving Max? I missed my kids so much this time, we were gone too long!

    ReplyDelete