Tuesday, October 30, 2007

EARTHQUAKE...

So we experienced our first earthquake about 1 1/2 hours ago. I was at the church with the Young Women and Peter was home watching Max. The YW were watching a scary movie and right in the middle of a pause in the movie, I noticed the ground shaking. We all just kind of sat there for a second until someone said is that an earthquake. All of the sudden many of the girls started to scream. My first thought was how are Max and Peter. We live on the 4th floor and all I could think about was the building collapsing and Peter not making it into Max's room in time. (I know it is very dramatic, but for some reason I like to envision what "could" happen way too much. It is a problem I am working on) :-) I sent Peter a text message and he replied so I knew they were fine. It was not a very big one and there was no major damage to my knowledge. I guess living in such a beautiful place, with great weather, great parks, museums, beaches and shopping (to name a few) comes with a price tag...EARTHQUAKES!

3 comments:

  1. The earthquake's epicenter was about 10 miles from our house. Kurt blogged about the earthquake too and linked to an article if you are interested. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. AH! I am so glad you guys are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Phew, looks like we left just in time! We seem to have a knack for avoiding disasters just after we leave. Seriously, I think i will blog about it some day, we have done it like 3 or 4 times now! I am glad to hear all is well!

    ReplyDelete